WANT TO BE A NORTH COUNTY FIREFIGHTER?
Thank you for your interest in employment with North County Regional Fire Authority. A completed application is required for all positions. Applications may be rejected if they are incomplete. It is important to carefully review the minimum qualifications on the job announcement and to include all relevant education and experience that you have when applying for a position.
- CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Part-Time Firefighter - EMT
- Volunteer Resident Firefighter - EMT
North County Regional Fire Authority is accepting applications for Part-time Fire Fighter. Applications are available at our Administation Office (19727 Marine Drive, Stanwood, WA 98292) or on our website at www.northcountyfireems.com
Completed applications must be turned into the Administration Office (District Secretary) located at the address above during business hours only (8:30 - 5:00, Monday through Friday). Note: Faxed or e-mail applications are not accepted
- Be at least 18 years or older.
- Have a valid and current Washington State Drivers License.
- Pass a pre-employment physical that includes drug testing.
- Applicants must agree to a law enforcement background investigation.
- Provide certification that you have passed a CPAT test within the last 12 months.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
Proof of the following requirements MUST be attached to your application:
- Copy of Washington State Certified EMT B or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Credentials certification.
- Copy of IFSAC Fire Fighter 1 Certification.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Provide a copy of a current CPAT Certification (CPAT must be dated within one year of application submittal date).
- Copy of current Washington State Drivers License.
- A resume may be attached but will NOT be accepted as a subsitute for a completed application.
- Please do not use any type of report cover when submitting your application packet.
If you have questions on the employment process or requirements, please call Assistant Chief Bob Eastman at 425-754-7238 or e-mail him at email@example.com. You may also contact the On-Duty Battalion Chief at 360-913-0254.
Resident Firefighters are responsible for routine and emergency response, maintenance, housekeeping, training, public education and fire prevention. This program requires residents to live in the fire station. We ask that they are at the station on a frequent basis for response. Residents are required to provide a minimum of 10(ten) 12(twelve) hour shifts per month. Resident Volunteer Firefighters are Volunteer (no wages or rights of contract). Volunteer Resident Firefighters may earn a stipend for call response out of their assigned duty shifts.
- 18 years of age upon appointment.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid Washington State Drivers License and acceptable driving record.
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the function of a Firefighter/EMT.
- Possess a current CPAT at time of hire.
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 / Hazmat Operations.
- National Registry EMT (or equivalent).
- Agree to 1 year minimum commitment.
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the Fire Authority.
- Be Alcohol and Drug Free at all times while on Fire Authority Property.
- Application can be obtained at Headquarters Station: 19727 Marine Drive, Stanwood, WA 98292. Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, or online at www.northcountyfireems.com
- Completed application with letter of interest for the Volunteer Resident Firefighter position shall be submitted in person to above address.
- Applications will be reviewed and ranked and those successfully meeting the requirements will be scheduled for an oral interview.
- If you have additional questions please contact Paul Wagner at 360-629-2184 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information / Application Packet
Applications are not being accepted at this time.