About Us || Overview
Your North County Regional Fire Authority is comprised of five fire stations with a service area of approximately 110 square miles. We serve an estimated population of over 24,000 residents. Our organization provides service to our residents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a combination of Full Time Staff, Part-Paid staff, and Volunteer staffing.
The most visible and valued services provided by the North County Regional Fire Authority is our response to, and control of, emergency events that affect the citizens in the area that we serve.
Overall, North County Regional Fire Authority provides a variety of emergent & non-emergent services including:
- Fire Suppression
- ALS/BLS Emergency Medical Services and Transport
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Water Rescue
- Public Information and Education (School information, education and prevention, elderly home & institution safety and general fire & injury prevention, Etc.)
- CPR & First Aid Instruction
- Basic Firefighter Academy ( NIMS 100 & 200, Firefighter One, Hazmat Awareness, and Operations, & Emergency Medical Technician certifications
- Varied service calls (Items that could reasonably become an emergency & out of the ordinary.)
Each day our department operates with staffing strategically positioned at four fire stations (The fifth station is a volunteer only station) within our 110 square mile service area. Our departments' emergency response system utilizes a combination of both career and volunteer personnel. This deployment model provides the most cost-effective delivery of personnel and equipment to ensure that patient care, firefighting, and any other emergencies are responded to and mitigated in the least amount of time.
North County Regional Fire Authority is committed to ensuring that when the need arises, our personnel are well equipped with apparatus that contain life-saving instruments and are highly trained, dedicated, and professional in their delivery of service.
In 2016, the North County Regional Fire Authority responded to 4389 incidents. Like most Fire & EMS organizations, we face the common challenge of rising call volumes, yet are committed to continuing to provide the best possible response to YOU, our customer that we can.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about YOUR Fire Department: North County Regional Fire Authority.